The City of Buford has come a long way since its beginnings in 1872 as a depot on the railway line between Atlanta and Charlotte, North Carolina. Major corporations have operations in Buford, Georgia. The Buford Dam has become a major source of power for the state, and Lake Lanier Islands is recognized as a premier recreational development in Georgia and the Southeast.
Companies have located operations in Buford for some very solid reasons:
• Well-developed infrastructures enhance the efficiency of business operations and favorably impact profits
• Abundant, highly motivated, production-oriented labor force
• City-owned water, sewer, gas and electric systems provide among the lowest utility rates in the area
• Excellent, locally-controlled primary and secondary schools with a large number of major universities and technical schools within a 50-mile radius.
• Scenic beauty and small town friendliness that create a nurturing environment for employees
• Major industrial and commercial acreage available on major transportation arteries priced to attract new business
• Easy access to transportation systems including Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, Peachtree DeKalb Airport, North Fulton and Gwinnett Airports, Interstate Highways I-85 and I-985, Buford Highway and Peachtree Industrial Boulevard, Local Bus and MARTA Station access to Atlanta
The City of Buford operates an independent city school system with local control of elementary, middle and high schools. There are major universities within a 50 mile radius including Emory, Georgia Tech, University of Georgia, and North Georgia College and State University.
Fishing, boating, swimming, skiing, camping, beach & water park and golf at Lake Lanier Islands and local parks at Lake Lanier are great recreation options just minutes from Buford, Georgia. Hiking and camping in the north Georgia mountains as well as major league sports (Atlanta Braves Baseball, Atlanta Falcons Football, Atlanta Thrashers Hockey, and Atlanta Hawks Basketball), theatre, concerts of all types, symphony, ballet and museums are all easy to access in nearby Atlanta.
The Gwinnett County Library has a Buford-Sugar Hill branch location offering youth programs, story hours, and a public access computer section.
Most any type of restaurant you may desire can be found within 2 miles of the City of Buford. Many major chain restaurants have chosen to locate in Buford as well as unique, locally owned restaurants. You are sure to find a local favorite.
The 25-ACRE Buford City Park offers tennis and basketball courts, as well as baseball, softball, and soccer fields.
Gwinnett Medical Center, Joan Glancy Hospital, and Northeast Georgia Medical Center are all easily accessible from the City of Buford. NGMC has a new facility scheduled for opening in nearby Braselton which will offer an additional world-class facility nearby.
Shopping is of course very convenient with the largest mall in the Southeastern United States located right here in Buford with the Mall of Georgia. There is also an abundance of eclectic shopping choices at the Art Colony Downtown, Tannery Row Antique Mall and well as many smaller shopping convenience centers.
Create an account to get new listings that meet your criteria emailed to you as soon as they hit the market. In this competitive market being first to know can make the difference it getting or losing your dream home!
Copyright 2017 Charlotte Cliche, Realtor
Charlotte Cliche, Realtor | Buford, GA 30518 | info@CharlotteCliche.com